Sunday, August 13, 2017

A Neon Light is a necessary item for an official Mancave



Every dessert needs a cherry on top. When I designed my MancaveMancave the planned final addition when I finished, was to hang a neon sign. I was originally thinking cheap beer. Keystone, Pabst Blur Ribbon, Coors, Rolling Rock, Bud Light, Strohs, Old Milwaukee, Miller, Game Day. Nothing against cheap beer, but I rarely drink. Being an artist, I decided to explore making my own design. My logo, BigRedShoes has two clown shoes that I believed would make a nice light.  I did some research and found JantecNeon. Wow, nice surprise. You can design your own or buy a neon light they already have on their site.

First I simplified my logo realizing it would end up a tube. I sent them a file, they got back to me suggesting that the text should be a cut out rather than neon. I was blown away with the quality. They send it to you perfectly packed with a guarantee that it’s not broken. They want you to save the packaging in case it needs to come back. I had a spot saved above the couch. I mounted a couple of hooks and put it on a timer. 


Everyday I get a reminder when the light turns on at 6:30. It goes out at 10:30 reminding me that you can’t work all night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment