Sunday, August 13, 2017

Using your ManCaveMancave for double sports watching


Growing up in Los Angeles I am a Dodger/Laker/Ram fan. My cave does not reflect my teams, I don’t have flags and banners hanging in the rafters. I prefer watching them play. Last night was an interesting opportunity. The Dodgers and Rams were on at the same time. My television setup has a 50” on a beam facing North and a desk mounted 40” UHD facing South with comfy chairs. There is enough room to stand in the middle and see both games turning left and right.

I put the Dodger game on the beam and the Rams on the 40”. The decision of sound comes up, you only can listen to one at a time or your head blows up. If you put the same game on both TV’s, for me the timing is off by about 20 seconds. I was listening to the wrong feed and knew everything before it happened. 

Everybody who is a sports fan wants their team to win. Watching the 2017 Dodgers as a Dodger fan is ridiculously joyous. They are winning at an amazing pace coming back to win games like the Warriors. Winning  is usual, losing is rare. This is the best Dodger team I can ever remember. Watching them play a game is exactly the opposite of watching the news. The game is focused on blue not orange. 

The Ram game was a different story. It’s the first practice game, not a lot on the line. The blue and white helmets looked great. I had one as a kid. They are banking on Goff to be great. I hope so. Hopefully he has learned where the sun sets. Last year I went to the Coliseum by train and saw the Rams/Cowboys. Sean Mannion and Nelson Spruce tore them up for a win. Today, all the talk is about Kupp with Spruce rarely mentioned. He caught a few balls yesterday, I hope he makes the squad. 

I haven’t ordered my $500 Baller Brand shoes yet. I hope I have the opportunity to watch all 3 teams simultaneously. I can stream the NFL game, watch the Dodgers on cable and catch the Lakers on ESPN,

all while working and reading the news. 



No comments:

Post a Comment